Sunday, September 3, 2006

A person can only eat so much ham.



You can´t go anywhere in Madrid without running into some butcher shop. It´s a vegetarian´s nightmare. It keeps me entertained though, the other night we went out with some Brits and where was their first choice? Museo del Jamon. The Ham Museum. Nice. Apparently the beers there are only 1€.

You can walk into any place, pick a blood leg of pig off the wall and say, give me a slice of that. Then of course they´ll wrap something up in tinfoil and you´ll be on your way. They have salted ham, spiced ham, plain ham, proscuito, and any kind of pig you please. You can get it on your sandwiches (bocadillos), in your tortillas (kind of like an omlette but they often put it on bread), you can have it by itself, or you can stick it in any dish you feel like having it in. Nothing is unheard of I assure you.

But sometimes I just don´t feel like eating more ham or ham like substances. So I went grocery shopping. Dinner, I decided should consist of a sandwich and peaches. I was so amused by their 2" by 4" bread slices that I thought I must take a picture.

This, people, is the life!

What kind of sandwich you ask? Queso y jamon. Ham and cheese. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment