Monday, September 11, 2006

Bruja Ha.


Could you, in good conscience, pay 4.5 € to go to a witch museum when you wouldn´t even shell out a measely two to going inside the famous Segovia Catedral? I sure could. And I did. But first...

Aqueduct: Friggin awesome. And yes I just said friggin. Built hundreds of years ago by the Romans, Spanish lore speaks of a deal with the devil that nearly took away the soul of a child. God of course brought out the sun early and sent the devil home one brick short of finishing the grand spectacle of an aqueduct. Seriously people, this is impressive, and not a drop of mortar was used. (See pics on my pics link)

Catedral: Well...the outside was lovely. And so was the wedding party issuing from it. But what are those things on their heads?

Alcazar: This was W. Disney´s inspiration for Sleeping Beauty´s castle and oh what castle it is. Now how to the school of artillery it is filled with cannons and weapons and armor. From the tower you get breathtaking views of the city.

Oy I sound like a guidebook. And next on the path...

The Brujeria - known by those of us who speak English as the witch museum.

Inside I found heads of vampires and blood bathing vixens, and dead faires and gnomes, and weapons of torture, and weapons of pleasure, and weapons of torturous pleasure, and every ingredient you could possibly imagine to put in a magic spell.

The witches I know and love from the Pacific Northwest think I too am a witch. Yet no where in my house will you find human remains in a jar, heads of pixies on a stick, chairs with spikes and leather wristbands, small boxes filled with erotic toys and potions.

Oh...um....ok well you will not find MOST of these within my house.

No no I am not a witch.

(lots of strange pics on my pics link)

No comments:

Post a Comment