Sunday, November 13, 2005

Not New

"Who is me?" Where to begin...?

I am by all means a paradox. Terribly excited at the possibly of happiness yet unable to find the right path. Strong willed and weak in so many ways. Femininity embodied, masculinity admired. Rough around the edges and looking for smooth without really wanting it. Confidence growing where confidence lacks (makes perfect sense.) Simplicity at the sake of utter chaos.

I seek for that which I have not yet had and desire that which I can’t. I love to be social, live to be loved, and long to be alive.

I’m constantly afraid that all I am to people is an act and more often afraid that I’m not even that. I wish I had faith in myself and love for "who is me" but unaware of what that is.

I sometimes think my destiny will be just out of grasp and I’ll forget to reach. I’m emotional, caring, genuinely optimistic, sarcastic at all costs, a great friend but sometimes a struggling listener, a peacemaker, an obsessive obsessor with no obsessions, I have no real collections, too many hobbies to count, I often start projects without finishing them (not always a bad thing, who needs glitter art and a piano shaped rug?),I don’t pick favorites.

I push the limits because I can and because I truly think the people in my life could benefit from slightly more open minds, I don’t have road rage but I do have road anxiety, I worry... a lot. I think about the people that are important to me every second of the day, sometimes I stop listening to others because I’ve begun thinking about myself.

I like shoes. And strawberries. And theme dinners. I dislike the texture of onions, people blowing their noses or picking their teeth at the dinner table, close-mindedness, bad tippers, bad teeth, bad energy.

I abhor Jon Lovitz.

I want to travel, often, and then some more. I don’t understand my religion. I admire many people in my life and keep those that contribute close to me. I do have Canadian friends.

I often find myself falling for the unattainable (in life, love, and every day occurrences), and usually get hurt in the process. Therefore I am more than normally hesitant and more than normally scared while at the same time more than normally fearless. Make sense? No. And that is me.

Now you.

No comments:

Post a Comment