Saturday, November 5, 2005

So close to being over

In case you hadn’t noticed, dear world, my mood as of late has been less than perfect. Today is no exception. It’s a big day for me.


I decided to start the morning off right with a tall glass of starfruit juice and a hot bubble bath with a little Miles Davis to match the mellow grey skies. Lovely? Yes. Invigorating? No.


After picking out the most summery and bright outfit I could muster (hoping that even a little color would bring out the sun) I headed off to the natural market for some organic energy supplements that have seemed to work for me in the past. I’m determined to make the most of this lazy day.


It’s now 7:15. I’m due at the office at half past the hour and even my need for overtime hours doesn’t seem to be enough motivation to carry me on my satin heels across the street into the world of the bronze.


I’m expecting 3 calls today. One I am dreading because this is a big day for more than just me and though it may kills me, I think I need to have that conversation. Two: someone else is dreading because both of us know it’s time. And three is inconsequential and therefore welcomed.


I’m planning on making two of my own. One because I owe many apologies and two because I’m ready to hear one in return.


Truth of the matter is, I’d like to just shut off my phone. Damn this grey mood.



I’m wearing pink. This usually works. Maybe it’s the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment